Historic Pictures
Enterprise,KS
Click on the thumbnail to view picture and description.
Bridge Street1st City Hall located North of the water tower which is now a parking lot at North and Court Street.Factory Street on July 4 1910East 1st Street. The house on the right is where the Dickinson County Fire Dist #1 fire station is presently locatedGas station location is where the present day library and fire station is located.
Enterprise Push, building used to be located just west of the present day Dickinson County BankSchilling's Saloon after Cary Nation smashed it.2nd and Factory looking South. The left side is where the present library and city hall is located today.Dickinson County Bank Corner1929 utility bill. Note the cost of electricity, 12.5 cents. The current electric rate is 11 cents per KWH.Strike at the J.B. Ehrsam plant estimated to be in the early 1960's
The old boat dock was located on the north side of the river just east of the present day bridge. The boat in the dock is also pictured to the right of this photographCliff and Ward L'hommedieu pictured near their boat. Picture was taken in the 300 block of West 1st.1951 flood. Old ball park which was located north of the present K-43 bridge on the east side of the road.Froelich's Grocery in the Early 1960'sEnterprise firemen after taking delivery of their 1960 international fire truck, the truck was sold in December 2011 to Paul Froelich. Back row L-R Lloyd Smith, Unknown, Gene Fleagle, Walter Ernst, Cliff L'Hommedieu Front row Lester Jackson, Paul Jones, Unknown, Ernest Mulanax, Shorty RutzJ.B. Ehrsam Shops, The old Mill building is no longer standing.
Factory Street looking south from First StreetThe elevator was located on North Factory Street where K-43 HWY now crosses the river. It burned on the evening of April 29th 1984.The hotel that formerly was located on the South West corner of First and Court Streets. Picture taken in 1975This was a the cover of a trade brochure that was provided to vendors from Wichita, KS. The brochure dates itself as being from the second quarter of 1950.A post card of the C Hoffman & Son Mills
The old k-43 river bridge. I was located on North Bridge Street until it was replaced in the late 1980's. The picture was taken during construction of the new bridge, notice the dirt work in the lower right.Bank corner picture taken in 1975. Photo provided by Gary FiedlerM&N Sundres was located in the old Monroe Drug Store and was owned by Maxine and Norris Fiedler. Picture taken in 1975. Photo provided by Gary FiedlerThe United Methodist Church located at Bridge Street and South Street. Note the brick crowns on the bell tower. The crowns were removed due to problems with leaks. The Church building was built and dedicated in 1911 and features beautiful stained glass.Factory Street looking north from First Street. Note the elevator still standing where today the K-43 river bridge stands. Also on the West side of the street is the Martin Lumber company.The Brandenburg Insurance agency sold to Vivian Reschke. Vivian ran it for many years when she sold it to Steve Koch who sold it to Copeland Insurance and they moved their office to Abilene.